COVID- 19 Funeral Service Protocol
1. Entry into the chapel will only be allowed through the front doors. No entry through the side or back doors. All individuals will exit through the left door and out of the building through the left back door where musicians are stationed or as directed by the AD Givens Staff.
2. A temperature check station will be set up outside the entrance, under the canopy of church. If an individual's temperature exceeds 99.6 degrees, he/she will not be allowed to enter the building. Social distancing will be observed.
3. Once inside the vestibule, individuals will be directed to a hand sanitizer station. Masks and gloves will be made available if needed or requested.
4. Everyone will be asked to wear a mask. A disposable mask will be provided if the individual does not have one.
5. A sign-in sheet will be provided. Individuals/ family groups will be assigned seating. (This will allow for easier tracking should someone later present with COVID-19}.
6. A maximum number of 60 will be allowed in the sanctuary during the service at any specified time. At the discretion of the family, the attendees will be identified.
7. Seating for no more than 5 per row (to allow family groups to remain together). Every other row will be used for seating.
8. Please refrain from exiting the chapel once entered. Depending on capacity, you may not be allowed to re-enter after your exit.
Public Viewing (All protocol listed above applies with the following specifics to viewing of loved one)
1. The number of family members and / or friends allowed in the chapel during the public viewing prior to the day of the service will be no more than 10. Social distancing will be observed.
2. If a viewing is to be held, it will occur on the day prior to the service and last for no more than 2 hours. Visitors will enter through the front, after screening, and exit to the left, by the musician's stand, and out the back door.
3. If family desires for there to be a viewing the day of service, the option of (a) viewing upon entrance while loved one is at altar and the immediate family will enter last or (b) vestibule viewing while attendees are exiting.
4. Water, tissues, and disposable fans will be made available to attendees. Waste receptacles will be placed in appropriate locations to collect discarded materials.
Due to the climate of times in which we are living, the following regulations will also apply.
1. We will gladly provide virtual arrangements.
2. All services can be virtual to accommodate those not in attendance.
3. Funeral/ Memorial Services are strongly recommended to be planned not to exceed an hour in length. Graveside services not to exceed 30 minutes.
4. Committal/ Burial services are encouraged to be family ONLY!
5. We do not provide 7 passenger limousine services at this time, but will advise family of their options.